FEDERAL LABOR RELATIONS AUTHORITY
Charged Agency: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20410
Charging Party: AFGE
P.O. Box 5961
Boston, MA 02114
DECLARATION OF VICKERS B. MEADOWS ON BEHALF OF THE UNITED
STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
I, Vickers B. Meadows, having personal knowledge of the facts stated herein and being competent to testify thereto, hereby declare:
1. I am the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Chief Information Officer at the Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD"), the charged party in this action. The assertions in this affidavit are based on my personal knowledge.
2. On August 14, 2003, the HUD Information Technology Services (HITS) contract was awarded.
3. This contract is designed to provide nationwide information technology infrastructure services to HUD.
4. HUD is currently in the process of a 12-month transition period from the former contract.
5. During this transition, no bargaining unit employee at the Department will be irreparably harmed as a result of the contract.
6. Specifically, during the transition period, no HUD bargaining unit employee will be:
a) terminated from employment with HUD;
b) demoted or downgraded;
c) geographically reassigned; or
d) forced to relocate
as a result of implementation of the contract.
7. By memorandum dated October 24, 2003, in response to the AFGE Council 222's demand to bargain, the Department requested to schedule impact and implementation negotiations as soon as possible.
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on October 29, 2003.