SUBJECT: Pilot for 6:00 am. arrival time, changes to the HUD/AFGE Agreement, Article 17, Section 17.04, "Tours of Duty".
SCOPE: This supplement establishes a six-month pilot for bargaining unit employees to begin work as early as 6:00 a.m. The pilot will be conducted specifically in Headquarters (the first 200 employees receiving supervisory approval), the Seattle Regional Office, the Los Angeles Field Office, the Albuquerque Field Office, and the Honolulu Field Office.
1. Core hours: The core hours for all employees shall be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2. Tour of Duty: Employees shall not begin work before 6:00 a.m. or work after 7:30 p.m.
3. Supervisory Approval: All employees participating in the Pilot must submit a Work Schedule Request (form HUD-25017) to change tour of duty to begin at 6:00 a.m. If the request is disapproved, the supervisor will explain the reasons for disapproval to the employee in writing.
4. Credit Hours: Employees who elect a Flexitour work schedule are eligible to earn credit hours between the hours of 6:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. local time. Employees may work no more than 3 credit hours per workday and carry over no more than 24 credit hours per pay period. Employees must submit a Notification of Intent to Work Credit Hours (form HUD-25018) to their supervisor. If the form HUD-25018 is disapproved, the supervisor will explain the reasons for the disapproval in writing.
5. Policies and Procedures Guide: HUD's Alternate Work Schedule Programs: Policies and Procedures Guide, dated June 1998 will be used in administering the Pilot.
6. Night Pay: Employees are not entitled to night pay if they elect a departure time or elect to work credit hours when night pay would otherwise be authorized.
7. Grievances: Management's decisions in reference to 6 a.m. arrival time and 7:30 p.m. departure time are not subject to the grievance process during the pilot period.
8. Proposed Effective Date: The supervisor will annotate the effective date on the employee's form HUD-25017 at the time of his/her approval, but not sooner than the effective date of the Pilot.
9. Effective Date of Pilot: The Pilot will become effective the first full pay period after approval of this Supplement.
s/ ____________________8/12/03___ s/ _________________12 Aug
Joann T. Robinson Eddie Eitches
Chief Negotiator Chief Negotiator
Holly K. Salamido
s/ ______________________ s/ ______________________
Barbara J. Edwards Carolyn Federoff
Deputy Assistant Secretary President, AFGE National Council
For Human Resources Management of HUD Locals 222
Date Signed August 19, 2003 Date Signed August 14, 2003